Conservablogger Power Quote

"...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security..." The Declaration of Independence

br>

Friday, April 5, 2013

TECH WATCH: SITEMETER HAS VANISHED!

APRIL 5, 2013  -WEST MONROE, LOUISIANA-
DAN TAVERNE

Well, it finally happened.  Sitemeter has finally bit the dust.

Is it true?

From what I can see, it is.

Today, I awoke to check my site stats and found a strange alien of a website appear in front of me in the place my site statistics should have been.

Yesterday, as I tried checking my stats, nothing would appear.  Today it's crap that appears.  

It is now a freaky-new-sitemeter search tool.

I guess it goes to show that free services will fall by the way side.  After all, money talks and bull-crap walks, right?

Seriously, I think Sitemeter has thrown in the towel.  The new site that appears is much too finished to be a mistake.

So, what are folks like me to do?  I checked my stats frequently to see what search terms were being used and what entry pages were being used.  Now, I'm left in the dark.

But, alas, I use blogger and it has a stat service I can look at, although it doesn't do a very good job at displaying 'today' stats.

I'm deeply saddened and depressed that Sitemeter has seemed to fold.  Maybe a new company will step in to fill the new found void in stat counter services.

What are your thoughts?
-------------
UPDATE - SATURDAY APRIL 6, 2013-

It looks like I was wrong.  I don't know what the deal was, but sitemeter is back!  I know I wasn't inputting an incorrect web address because I was using my bookmarks.

Tonight, just for grins, I gave one of them trusty bookmarks another try, and WHAM, my sitemeter appeared quick as you please.

No comments:

Post a Comment