Conservablogger Power Quote

"...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security..." The Declaration of Independence

br>

Thursday, January 6, 2011

The 112th Congress Sworn in

I can’t tell you how happy I am to know Pelosi won’t be pulling anymore threads from America’s fabric.


When she gave her farewell speech yesterday, I simply wanted her to be barf: she wasn't. She is too proud of the damage she and her cohorts caused to be brief.


That said, under the guise of affordable healthcare, Pelosi and her crew passed this legislation, against the will of the people, before it was even written!


I'd actually love to hear Pelosi tell America who actually wrote the legislation.


I hear tell that one new Congressman, Rep. Darrell Issa will be conducting investigations surrounding the Obama Administration. I do like the sound of this. For two years, the president and his administration has been operating with impunity. Who is Obama, and what kinds of people are filling his cabinet?


These are the kinds of questions I’d like raised, in addition to TARP money misallocations to Unions.


I hope and pray that Tea Party Republicans conference with each other. They are going to have to stick together to keep establishment Republicans from co-opting their mandate. I pray the new Republicans also maintain their honor as well as their sense of duty to the voters who elected them, rather than to a massive-progressive-power-hungry-liberty-robbing government.


Finally, I want the new Congress to maintain their Zest for the Constitution. I love the idea, symbolic as it may be, of reading the constitutions on the House floor, and citing the constitution Authority for each bill introduced.


There is much more I could say, but this is good for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment