Conservablogger Power Quote

"...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security..." The Declaration of Independence

br>

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Conservablogger - Thoughts on the Fox News / Google Republican Debate Thursday

Thursday’s evening republican debate was interesting.
front runners, Perry and Romney (I feel) came off as boring and calculated. I did not feel their commitment to following the constitution.

I was dissappointed when the Youtube chat window quit working during the debate.  I was ready to cheer and jeer, but sadly, was unable.  So, here are my thoughts:


Ron Paul’s remarks stuck out the most for me, because he spoke of the constitution as something he thinks our nation has been violating. I believe he is right, and I think if he were President, he would fix a lot of what is wrong.


Michele Bachman was also strong. She spoke of constitutional conservatism, and I could sense her passion and dedication to those principals.


I think a great ticket would be Paul and Bachman., or Newt Gingrich and Bachman.


I don’t like Gingrich because he has been connected with the politics of our nation for some time and has, in some way, helped get us here.


Newt spoke of a new contract with America that he plans on introducing next Thursday. I think Newt was probably the most intelligent person in the room.








John Huntsman had a great moment when he spoke of his neighbors two dogs creating more shovel ready jobs than Obama has.


All the candidates had a chance to voice how they would change things.


Herman Cain spoke of a 9-9-9 plan. 9 percent income tax, 9 percent sales tax and 9 percent corporate tax. This seems a lot better than what we have now.


Herman also spoke of the lack of leadership in the White House and standing up for Israel.  Here are his remarks where he says, "if you mess with Israel, you mess with the USA.."


Rick Santorum said Obama is the new King George III.  That he (Obama) thinks he can tell people what to do from on high. Here's the video of what he said:


Each candidate had moments. I didn’t care for Perry or Romney. These guys are too spit and polished… to much of the type of Republicans that leads us in the same direction as liberals… accept maybe a little slower.


We need an extreme candidate for these extreme times.


So far, I have to say, I like Ron Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment